Back to News
Posted on 6 Apr 2017
This helpline is for people experiencing muscle, back or joint problems.
These problems are often known as musculoskeletal or MSK for short. Many MSK problems will settle with self-care and often you do not need to see a Healthcare Professional.
Fully trained call operators, supported by clinicians, offer expert advice about what you can do to treat and manage your condition.
If required, they can refer you to a local NHS Healthcare professional - such as a Physiotherapist or Podiatrist.
MATS Helpline CAN help with:
- Safely directing you to key information and advice to help with your problem
- Finding out if you need to see a NHS Healthcare Professional about your MSK problem
- Arranging for your details to be sent to a Healthcare Professional if required.
MATS Helpine CAN'T help with:
- Booking and managing appointments for example with a Physiotherapist or Podiatrist
- Arranging home visits - this should be arranged by your doctor.
What happens when I phone?
You will be asked a series of questions normally lasting around seven minutes. This process has been developed to offer you safe and appropriate care.
Call free on 0800 917 9390 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm