This helpline is for people experiencing muscle, back or joint problems.
These problems are often known as musculoskeletal or MSK for short. Many MSK problems will settle with self-care and often you do not need to see a Healthcare Professional.
Fully trained call operators, supported by clinicians, offer expert advice about what you can do to treat and manage your condition.
If required, they can refer you to a local NHS Healthcare professional - such as a Physiotherapist or Podiatrist.
MATS Helpline CAN help with:
- Safely directing you to key information and advice to help with your problem
- Finding out if you need to see a NHS Healthcare Professional about your MSK problem
- Arranging for your details to be sent to a Healthcare Professional if required.
MATS Helpine CAN'T help with:
- Booking and managing appointments for example with a Physiotherapist or Podiatrist
- Arranging home visits - this should be arranged by your doctor.
What happens when I phone?
You will be asked a series of questions normally lasting around seven minutes. This process has been developed to offer you safe and appropriate care.
Call free on 0800 917 9390 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm